Left of Center: By Yukkione: A quote from Dante
A quote from Dante
Friday, March 24, 2006
Time : 11:36 AM

The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.
- Dante, 14th Century

posted by Yukkione at 11:36 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for A quote from Dante
I'm always amused by the fact that Dante places the Prophet Mohammed (pigs be upon him) in the 8th circle of hell for being a Sower of Discord. I'm curious how he arrived at that idea!

lol I had forgotten about that one. Well, even in the 14th century they weren't above theological partisanship. As for the reason for the 8th circle.. not a clue, perhaps something to do with numerology.

cute! As for the numerology thing, we can discuss the meaning of the number 8 later if you want, or not - whatever!

Check your e-mail...

I've always loved this quote.

Here's a Dante's Inferno quiz you might have fun with:

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html

I found it at another blog (wish I could think of the name right now) and I am supposed to go to Limbo.

Amy,

Don't give him choices! "You WILL discuss the number eight with me AFTER you bring me gifts".
  • Posted at 6:22 PM | By Anonymous Anonymous

Oh Dante, you bastard you. you have verbally painted the picture of hell my elders have warned me about for years. I can't wait to see if you're right!

yes insomnia IS the ultimate hell. believe me, no one knows like i do

What can one say beyond Dante... Nice.

There's gonna be alot of Republicans....and a lot of do-nothing Dems....occupying space there.

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum