Left of Center: By Yukkione: More attempts to weaken the courts
More attempts to weaken the courts
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Time : 9:15 AM

Republicans in Congress are trying to formulate a bill that will create an Inspector General to oversee federal courts in the US. Just what we need, further breakdown in the separation of our three branches of government. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg thinks it's a really scary idea. Maybe we should just dissolve the Congress and the court system and allow Bush to appoint an all new court. He could then just write his own constitution, finance his own wars, and determine what is legal and illegal. Read more here.

posted by Yukkione at 9:15 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for More attempts to weaken the courts
I would share with you and your readers an invitation to visit Law Of Life and the
War on the Poor.
I would invite you to an awakening...the end of any circle is at the beginning. Please explore it with CAIN & ABEL
I don't think I know...I just know I'm thinking.
your humble servant,
Ancient Clown

Whoa! I have seen the Muse. And she is Ancient Clown.

I think that would be a good job for Bush when he retires. Matter of fact, I think he should resign right now so he could take up his new job.

Only surprise is that they didn't think of this earlier.

Isn't this idea already in a signing statement on some bill somewhere?

Isn't that just so creepy? IS there any way that that position would not ultimately turn into a political ax?

Another article I saw on the same matter said the intention was to create a post to look at conflicts of interest and speaking fees and gifts and such(see Clarence Thomas/Antonin Scalia.)

But there's just no way to think that enforcement wouldn't be politically motivated.

quite right Mike. Added to the power of signing statements, a savey politial party could do anything with impunity

Why isn't the ancient clown wearing clown shoes?
  • Posted at 5:30 PM | By Anonymous Anonymous

Just who the hell is it that covets the thong of Helen Thomas? Did I miss something? As to the Box Elder Wars...well, I had to have another war after that War on Easter.

Dammit man. Now I'm gonna have "lazer eye cannon" nightmares...

Well, they're better than the BushCo Inc Constitution nightmares, at any rate.

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum