Left of Center: By Yukkione: John Kenneth Galbraith: Dead at 97
John Kenneth Galbraith: Dead at 97
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Time : 1:23 AM


He was brilliant and kind.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." -- John Kenneth Galbraith

posted by Yukkione at 1:23 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for John Kenneth Galbraith: Dead at 97
Interesting man. I liked his father's humor in getting on the manure pile. All good things must come to an end... or so I'm told.

Nice tribute, LOC. Amazing man.
  • Posted at 9:56 AM | By Anonymous Anonymous

Hey LOC I posted this in BR forums, hoping somebody would like to share thoughts on him. (Ok, granted maybe its not a very sexy topic, but it is important to me anyway)Extremely influential in the thinking of so many people, and his role in shaping the left mindset is second to none.
Some of his writing just blew my mind.

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum