Left of Center: By Yukkione: Is that a bomb in your turban, or are you happy to see me?
Is that a bomb in your turban, or are you happy to see me?
Friday, March 03, 2006
Time : 7:47 AM


So yesterday Bush was in India welcoming them to the Nuclear Big Boy Club. Many in the west are scratching their heads and asses over this. Today Bush will be in Pakistan, they have not made any stink over this. Curious? I'm sure we'll be reading today or tomorrow that Bush gave them a little political “reach around” as well. I really don't see what the fuss is about. India is the biggest democracy in the world, and they have had nukes for some time now. With this agreement they can stop sneaking around with it, and with US assistance, use safer technology. Nations treated as rouges tend to act as rouges. India is the fastest growing economy in the world, and it would behoove us to maintain a good relationship with them. On a side note it was odd to see Bush visit the memorial to Ghandi. Kind of like mixing oil and water.


posted by Yukkione at 7:47 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Is that a bomb in your turban, or are you happy to see me?
I reserve the right to change my mind on this deal. I'm always willing to do that when new information comes to light.

Uh, sorry. I'm still trying to decide if I should scratch my head first or my ass as per your suggestion. I think the Order of Operations comes into play here.
  • Posted at 9:22 AM | By Anonymous Anonymous

Left of Center is void where prohibited, taxes and restrictions may apply, see Shill for details.

For married women in Wisconsin, seek your husbands permission before reading Left Of Center.

Left of Center may cause blood clots and aneurisms. Only your doctor can decide if Left of Center is right for you...
  • Posted at 9:26 AM | By Anonymous Anonymous

Voice, dont forget siezures... I've been know to cause those as well. As for scratching order.. hmm Try whatever is bigger first. ;)

I think the fuss is because we don't need any more mangos. Seems we already have too many or something. Now what was that about the nukes?

I agree with you guys on this. India is a great friend and isn't promising genocide against millions of people, unlike another government in the spotlight lately.

Everybody seems to be missing the point on this. He just DESTROYED the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act! He just broke a half-dozen laws associated with it! OUR laws! The NPT is now defunct. It has no power any more. Anyone can do anything. It has no meaning. India could have received all the civilian assistance it desired at any time over the last 40 years by signing NPT. They didn't. And now Bush rewards them for it by destroying the one document that has helped saved this planet from destruction. He just opened the box, girls. The genie is out again.

Neil --

You miss that the NPT didn't have any power to begin with. Exhibit A: Iran. And if we're really serious about preventing nukes going off in Tel Aviv, London, and Los Angeles, that is, if you genuinely want to save the world and aren't just throwing words around, airstrikes will destroy Iran's weapons program. Do not pass go, no return of the 12th Imam, no final jihad at the end of times.

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum