Left of Center: By Yukkione: Andy Card resigns
Andy Card resigns
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Time : 8:46 AM

Andy Card resigned as Whitehouse chief of staff today. The average chief of staff stays in his position an average of two years. Mr. Card has been in place for five. He was considered one of the hardest working people in the Whitehouse as he was often the first person there in the morning and the last to leave in the evening. Mr Card will be replaced by budget director Josh Bolten. I guess the change shouldn't come as a surprise, but will mean little change in the Whitehouse. Cheney, and Rove will still be calling the plays, and Mr Bolton will be there to grease the wheels. There may be some other changes announced in the next month, but all is cosmetic in the Bush Whitehouse. What we really need is for Don Rumsfeld to step down, and for Satan to recall Cheney to the home office. Pictured is Card telling the President that an airplane has hit the world trade center, and that he should just keep reading. The situation is being "handled".
Was Andy Card know for his Pussiliency?

posted by Yukkione at 8:46 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Andy Card resigns
Wow. That's a harsh, completely unsubstantiated comment.

Yeah, I see the Bolten appointment as leaving Rove/Cheney in charge, as well.

My question is why today? To take Iraq off the headlines? NSA hearings?

And, Card was almost crying at his press conference. Makes you wonder if he was pushed.

Mike

I don't care what the politics of a given White House are, to put in the hours that Card did over the number of years he did, requires some sort of manic -- almost religious -- conviction. It just can't be healthy.

Oh, sorry didn't mean to make it personal.

I guess the letters i-d-i-o-t just accidentally fell from the keyboard, and the head/ass comment was likewise an involuntary reflex. Oops. (putz)

"...get your head out of your ass."

Um, excuse me poser but Yoda would have said:

"Out of ass, your head belong."


Fuck you, Papa Ray. Not for insulting LOC. But for misrepresenting Yoda.

:)
  • Posted at 3:45 PM | By Anonymous Anonymous

oh, I forgot..."spend more time with family" translates to "I need to meet with my lawyer".....

Lily, you may no longer have a book, as everyone keeps taking pages from it.
Also, Bush has never accepted Rumsfeld's resignation although Rumsfeld claims to have offered it to Bush several times. I'm with mikevotes, I think Card was pushed and used as a distraction form all the other stories coming out today.

I think he was pushed out as well. I can't wait to see what kind of medal they give him.

In the "Thinking Good Thoughts" column today I was reading that Karl Rove may be cooperating with Patrick Fitzgerald and providing a bill of goods on Cheney in the outing of Plame/Wilson. Already he has help recover hundreds of email thought to have been erased. (Seems the people in Cheney's office just did not listen to Alberto when he told them not to do that kind of stuff. Reminds me of a missing 18 minutes in a tape.) The saving grace is the White House has an automatic backup archive. How nice.

On the downside the timing may be just right to let Condolooser into the White House to make a run in 2008.

I guess you can't have everything going your way.
  • Posted at 3:05 AM | By Anonymous Anonymous

OMG...I couldn't help myself and went to the blog too...there is a woman gyrating next to the flag looking like the state of Texas...what a thing to be proud of...? Ewww! LOL about the pork rinds!

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum