Left of Center: By Yukkione: "I am the Cheney!"
"I am the Cheney!"
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Time : 11:01 AM



WASHINGTON (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney disclosed Wednesday that he has the power to declassify sensitive government information, authority that could set up a criminal defense for his former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. (full story by Pete Yost)

Georgia10 on the Daily Kos has a great piece on the technical aspects of New Vice Presidential powers

This guy appointed himself to be Bush's running mate. Running mate? Vice President? Cheney no longer hides the fact that he's the guy in charge. Now that he has said he has the authority, he assumes he is beyond reproach.

posted by Yukkione at 11:01 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for "I am the Cheney!"
I wonder, what will the "Post-Cheney" world be like?

*she shudders*

Referring, of course, to the fear that the damage done will be very, very difficult to repair ... and the consequences of that may be something worse than what we have today.

Anita, Always The Optimist.

Ten more points for 'pussified news coverage'. Golly, we love you!

I was just reading an article about this, but at the end of the day I don't think he cares about law, privileges, correctness...etc. I think he will do what he wants to do. The art is in the justification spin.

Thank you for your support, LOC, as its been a rough week to be my brand of hippie.

"I am the Cheney"

"I am the walrus, koo koo ka choo"
  • Posted at 5:07 PM | By Anonymous Anonymous

and a koo koo ka choo to you too.

...and Lily, I haven't been blogging long, but I count you as one of my friends and allies. And then there is Anita.. yes always the optimist. ;)

oh by the way- lovely picture....

Isn't it wonderful how he can authorize himself to do whatever he wants? But gosh! Why does he have to even authorize himself? I mean, he knows what he's thinking, right? So if he thinks it, isn't that just as good as authorizing himself?

"I hereby authorize myself to do whatever the fuck I want! So there!"

Actualy if you read the second link I have by Georgia10, you'll see that Bush signed certain laws that were supose to be for HIS war powers, but also added the vice President as being able to enact the same powers. Of course Cheney needed the dupe bush to do this so he could wield the power that the American people would never have given him directly.

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum