Left of Center: By Yukkione: I'll take Bird Flu....
I'll take Bird Flu....
Friday, May 12, 2006
Time : 4:06 PM

I'll take Bird Flu anyday over the disease that has cropped up in Texas. It's called Morgellons Disease, and it is nasty. As Debororah knapp of KENS 5 Eyewitness News Reports:
"These people will have like beads of sweat but it's black, black and tarry," said Ginger Savely, a nurse practioner in Austin who treats a majority of these patients. Patients get lesions that never heal. "Sometimes little black specks that come out of the lesions and sometimes little fibers," said Stephanie Bailey, Morgellons patient. Patients say that's the worst symptom — strange fibers that pop out of your skin in different colors. "He'd have attacks and fibers would come out of his hands and fingers, white, black and sometimes red. Very, very painful," "It looked like a piece of spaghetti was sticking out about a quarter to an eighth of an inch long and it was sticking out of his chest," Lisa Wilson said. "I tried to pull it as hard as I could out and I could not pull it out." Stephanie Bailey developed the lesions four-and-a-half years ago. "The lesions come up, and then these fuzzy things like spores come out," she said. She also has the crawling sensation.
Over 100 cases are documented in the US most in Texas California and Florida. However all 50 states have victims. The image right is a flouresent picture of a fiber mass extracted from a boys lip.

posted by Yukkione at 4:06 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for I'll take Bird Flu....
wow i never heard of this and it does seem painful and nasty.

indeed! I couldn't live with nasty parasitic fibers being extruded from growths on my skin.. oi!

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum