Left of Center: By Yukkione: Why I care about religion
Why I care about religion
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Time : 3:52 PM


posted by Yukkione at 3:52 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Why I care about religion
There was a lot of info in there that I was not aware of. Thank goodness Fla isn't one of the states mentioned.

Man, that opens your eyes, huh?

I've spent the afternoon watching atheist videos on youtube... and anti atheist videos. I've been a quiet atheist since I was about 12 or 13. However, when i think about things such as there is not a single "out" atheist in the US congress, and that I am and would be discriminated against in many situations, I really feel the need to be more vocal with my thoughts. I wont let people who let a collection of bronze age fairy tales dictate my life or the science and logic that can impact it.

the only thing religions are good for are their architecture...it's beautiful

yep, that's it...

Thats funny, AZ. DOnt forget the cool kick ass holidays? Wait, they stole alot of those ideas... nevermind.

Glad you are posting LOC!

@ azgoddes

Religious architecture (and music, painting, sculpture) can be very beautiful. You only have to look at the Parthenon to feel and know that. But the religion that inspired the Parthenon has not many followers anymore. Probably none. So, you see, we could have it both ways: keep the beautiful architecture and relegate the religion itself to the realm of stories that are not to be taken seriously.
  • Posted at 6:43 PM | By Anonymous Anonymous

wow..that was really interesting- I had no idea about half of this...esp about that atheists can't hold office- wow....and the God being added is disturbing ...our country is not one of religous freedom anymore...sad.

Hi Enigma.. It never was. Ever.

Way to go LOC...just hope you don't get any awful trolls who feel compelled to fly in and hassle your view. That's such a drag. Glad I'm not alone in this. But...do watch out for those flying monkeys won't you?

About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Blogroll Me!

Links
Powered by :
Powered by Blogger

Santorum